We help you keep things secured
As Canada’s largest manufacturer of detention doors and frames, we understand that your facility needs to remain secured.
We can help you design for your needs
Our in-house experts work with you to ensure your facility requirements are met. Given our experience, Apex was called upon to play a key role in the development of the Canadian federally-approved pivot door assembly. We also played a key role in the development and design of the national standard of cell door assemblies for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Products & Uses
Our products have been specified and supplied in:
- Federal correctional institutions (Canada, U.S.)
- State, provincial and county jails
Our detention doors and bullet-resistant and forced-entry doors, can be used to service a high number of applications, including:
- Minimum to maximum penitentiaries
- Police stations
- County jails
- Railway stations
- University and college campuses
- Office buildings
- Residential properties
- Nuclear power plants
Apex has been tested and certified to meet the ANSI/NAAMM 863-04 Testing requirements, as per the ASTM F1450-05 Testing requirements, which include the following tests:
- Static load
- Door edge crush test
- Load test
- Rack test
- Removable glass stop test
- Physical security for your building and infrastructure – are you prepared?
- Security doors – what are they? A helpful guide
- Architecture, design and construction: what we’re reading this week
- Apex Industries to play key role in the development of Moncton Downtown Centre
- What are the detention hardware considerations for courthouse applications?