About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Custom Contract Manufacturing
Moncton, New Brunswick
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Shipper-Receiver within its Custom Contract Manufacturing Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Shift Supervisor. The primary role of this position is to receive supplier products and goods into stock as well as prepare products, including finished goods for shipment.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Package in preparation for delivery including identification.
- Select & gather components for release per schedule.
- Timely & accurate preparation of deliverable documentation (i.e. Bill of Lading, customs, client documents, etc.).
- Conformity verification of incoming/outgoing product.
- Documenting & resolving discrepancies i.e. shortages/overages, damage, etc.
- Loading & unloading freight.
- Material allocation including job closure and product issuance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous shipping and/or receiving experience.
- Proficient in operating computers and software programs.
- Experience using equipment to load & unload freight.
- Know and abide by all company rules, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work safely while maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Cooperative in a team environment with willingness to share knowledge and mentor others.
- Support continuous improvement (cost savings, safety, productivity, etc.).
- Experience with logistics.
- Knowledge and use of SYSPRO.
- Experience in creating and packaging finished goods.
- Forklift license.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.