Apex is currently accepting resumes for a Service and Installation Technician, Commercial Doors within its Door Opening Solutions Group. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the primary role of this full-time position is to install new commercial doors along with the appropriate door hardware, and in some cases, to repair existing doors or hardware at client facilities in the Maritimes, with a focus on the Halifax region.
- Travel to and from customer locations.
- Install, service, and repair doors, frames, hardware, or specialty product per standard requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain service and installation schedules by following established procedures.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the necessary safety measures on job sites and ensure these protocols are properly followed at all times.
- Work collaboratively as a part of the branch sales and project management team.
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 or more years of experience servicing and installing commercial doors or equivalent relevant construction industry experience.
- Valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Familiarity with Division 8, 10 and 28 would be considered an asset.
- Experience with low voltage wiring would be considered an asset.
- Customer-service focused.
- Detail-orientation with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a face-paced, multi-project environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Teamwork capabilities as to collaborate with colleagues across our company and maintain a close-knit, team-orientated culture.
- Ability to climb or work from a ladder, balance, reach, crouch, kneel, stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing / distribution of metal doors, frames and related hardware, sales / service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.