About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Service Installation Technician, Commercial Doors
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Service Installation Technician, Commercial Doors within its Door Opening Solutions Group. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Supervisor.
The primary role of this position is to install new commercial doors and frames along with the appropriate door hardware, and in some cases to repair existing doors and hardware at client facilities in the Maritimes with a focus on the Nova Scotia region.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Install, service, and repair, doors, frames, hardware, and specialty hardware products.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the safety requirements of the job site and ensure protocols are properly always followed.
- Work collaboratively as a part of the branch sales and project management team.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with service and installation of commercial doors or relevant carpentry industry experience.
- Must possess valid driver’s license without restrictions.
- Familiarity with Division 8, 10 and 28 is considered an asset.
- Experience with low voltage wiring is considered an asset.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills to work in a face-paced, multi-project environment.
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across our company, maintaining our close-knit, team-orientated culture.
- Some heavy lifting as needed.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.