About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Security Sales & Project Consultant
Door Opening Solutions
Moncton, New Brunswick
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? Do you have experience in providing physical security solutions for new construction projects and end-users? Are you passionate, enjoy unique challenges, and love working with people and security systems/products? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Security Sales & Project Consultant within its Door Opening Solutions Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Group Manager. The primary role of this position is to partner with and ensure the long-term success of Door Openings Solutions customers in the Maritimes, specifically in relation to Security products and services, while also supporting internal team members.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Available daily to provide consultation to project sales/estimators on security installation pricing.
- Work with team in developing drawings and specs for installation of access control hardware and security systems.
- Develop procedures, forms, and processes in line with branch and corporate policies and requirements.
- Attend bid meetings, work with estimators to submit bids on desired projects.
- Oversee all aspects of the security solutions opportunities for each branch.
- Estimate and coordinate jobs as required using standard business methods of pricing, quoting, and costing.
- Coordinate your efforts daily with applicable Estimators and Project Managers.
- Follow up on bids and negotiate as required.
- Provide a monthly report to management on jobs won, lost and margins.
- Managing relationships with manufacturer reps, distributors, integrators, and end-users.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with Access Control Systems, DVR and NVR units, CCTV, and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Locksmith/security experience.
- DHI certification as EHC (will train).
- Extensive company training programs required for sales specialists.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel 25-35% of the time within the assigned territory.
- Project Management training desired.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.