About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Project Manager and Estimator
Door Opening Solutions
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Project Manager and Estimator within its Door Opening Solutions Group. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Branch Manager.
The primary role of this position will be project management and estimating in support of sales efforts for the Nova Scotia market, as well as assisting teams, customers, and site superintendents with the coordination and distribution of all project information or changes. This role is also responsible for developing bid packages for future work, analyzing costing margins associated with existing work, and analyzing compiled data on all factors that influence costs.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Respond to customer requests for quotation in a timely and professional manner for commercial or residential garage doors, dock levelers, dock seals, and other related overhead door products.
- Compare gross margins against quotations and provide insight on gross margin improvement(s).
- Work with subcontractors or suppliers on pricing issues, as required.
- Analyze data on factors that influence cost (i.e. materials, labour, location, special requirements).
- Assist the team, customers, and site superintendents with the coordination and distribution of all project information or changes, paying specific attention to scheduling, product reconciliation, and any required documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within the construction industry would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer proficiency (with additional training to be provided).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortability with both working under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.