About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Part Finishing & Deburring
Aerospace Component Manufacturing
Moncton, New Brunswick
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for Part Finishing and Deburring within its Aerospace Component Manufacturing Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Sheet Metal and Deburring Supervisor. The primary role of this position is to perform all finishing work required on aerospace products up to industry standard.
Weekend work or overtime may be required. Training will be provided.
- Coordinate work to be completed as directed by the Supervisor.
- Reading and understanding part finishing requirements from travelers and drawings.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work station.
- Perform general part finishing operations (i.e. break edges, chamfer).
- Perform finishing functions (i.e. polishing, surfacing, grinding) on small or large machine and sheet metal parts.
- Operate manual and electrical tools (i.e. tapping, drill press, pemserter, bench grinder).
- Clean, label, and package parts.
- Adopt a continuous improvement philosophy for finishing and deburring areas.
- Safe use of personal protective gear as directed by the safety committee or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of hand tools (i.e. hammer, saw, drill, tape measure, etc.).
- Ability to work both individually or within a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature.
- Strong attention to detail as to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
- Strong desire to produce high quality products.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.