Apex is currently accepting resumes for a Painter within its Aerospace Group. Reporting to the secondary processing supervisor, the primary role of this full-time position is to prepare parts or materials and apply paint or other non-metallic coatings per customer requirements.
- Coordinate work to be completed as directed by the Supervisor and report all quality issues.
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour, and equipment to meet production and quality targets as described on shop paper with a high standard.
- Maintain production schedules to maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure proper product delivery of client requirements per contractual agreements.
- Perform chemical preparation, masking, and racking.
- Select appropriate paint or mixed paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a pre-determined formula.
- Tend to or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, and fill dents, or otherwise prepared items.
- Operate hand-held spray guns for the application of paint, lacquer, and other protective or decorative coatings.
- Clean and maintain equipment, ventilation, compressed air, and personal protective equipment.
- Load and unload customer or supplier products and move products or materials in accordance with appropriate material handling skills or equipment.
- Perform other material handling activities such as operating pallet jacks or other loading and unloading devices to load and unload materials on or off of trucks and trailers.
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements (i.e. opening containers or crates, assisting in taking inventory, weighing and checking materials, or any other task required to achieve production schedules, etc.).
- Maintain all stock materials, paint, tape, chemicals, etc.
- Work with suppliers and purchasers on consignment, turning appropriate paperwork into purchasing regularly.
- Control and rotate expired materials and log them in the shelf life log.
- Use all personal protective gear as directed by the safety committee or lead hand.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical school training would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work both individually or within a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Able to learn new material quickly and apply it to the job.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to stick to tasks that may be repetitive in nature.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
- Become familiar with Customer, AS 9100, and NADCAP procedures.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.