About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Overhead Door Helper
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Overhead Door Helper within its Door Opening Solutions Group. This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Supervisor.
The primary role of this position is to travel with door installers to customer locations for troubleshooting, repairing, servicing and installing overhead doors or related products using established procedures, and ensuring that customer specifications are met with quality standards are maintained.
Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Travel to and from customer locations.
- Load and unload overhead door sections or hardware.
- Troubleshoot, repair, service, and install doors, hardware, or related products.
- Prepare cables and springs per standard requirements.
- Maintain service schedules by following established procedures.
- Safety check work site(s).
- Prepare paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion (i.e. time cards, service tickets, mileage reports, work orders, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools (i.e. hammer, saw, drill, hand-tools, etc.).
- Ability to read imperial measurements.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
- Ability to climb or work from a ladder, balance, reach, crouch, kneel, stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional overnight travel and some weekend work or overtime may be required.
- Previous experience installing and servicing overhead doors or related products.
- Ability to use a cutting torch, weld, drive a forklift, or operate a scissor lift.
- Knowledge of arc welding or grinding.
- First Aid or Fall Arrest Training.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.