Apex is currently accepting resumes for Overhead Door Helpers within its Overhead Door division. This position can be the first step to becoming an Overhead Door Technician. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the primary role of this position is travelling with door Installers to customer locations for troubleshooting, repairing, servicing, and installing overhead doors or related products using established procedures. The role is also responsible for assisting Installers in ensuring that customer specifications are met, and quality standards are maintained. Occasional overnight travel and some weekend work or overtime may be required.
- Travel to and from customer locations.
- Load and unload overhead door sections or hardware.
- Troubleshoot, repair, service, and install doors, hardware, or related products.
- Prepare cables and springs per standard requirements.
- Maintain service schedules by following established procedures.
- Safety check work site(s).
- Prepare paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion (i.e. time cards, service tickets, mileage reports, work orders, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools (i.e. hammer, saw, drill, hand-tools, etc.).
- Ability to read imperial measurements.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
- Ability to climb or work from a ladder, balance, reach, crouch, kneel, stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience installing and servicing overhead doors or related products.
- Ability to use a cutting torch, weld, drive a forklift, or operate a scissor lift.
- Knowledge of arc welding or grinding.
- First Aid or Fall Arrest Training.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.