About Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Door Opening Solutions
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for an Operations Supervisor within its Door Opening Solutions Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Operations Manager. The primary role of this position will be to manage the warehouse and production shop team, as well as field service and installation technicians. Some weekend work or overtime may be required and training will be provided.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers on field service and installation technician scheduling and availability.
- Manage the team handling distribution and storage of all freight, products, and supplies that come in and out of the branch warehouse and shop.
- Ensure all Fabrication shop orders are shipped to customers in timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules
- Assist with maintaining inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of products.
- Vehicle Fleet and equipment (Vans, Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) management.
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
- Responsible for warehouse, production shop, and field technician Health and Safety compliance.
- Participate in Branch Health and Safety Committee.
- Resolving work issues and recommending ways to improve.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like trailers, forklifts, crash pads, dollies, etc
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; adjust where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with codes, standards, and specifications.
- Implement and monitor performance metrics for shipping and receiving.
- Hiring, training, and developing new operations team employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a warehouse supervisory function, and/or production shop.
- Construction site experience would be an asset.
- Experience in the installation of doors, frames, hardware, dock levelers, or overhead doors would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Good financial awareness and business acumen.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.