Apex is currently accepting applications for a CNC Machinist within its Custom Contract Manufacturing Group. Reporting to the shift supervisor, the primary role of this full-time position will be to set up and operate 3-axis CNC milling equipment.
- Set up, operate, and maintain 3-axis CNC mills.
- Operate hand tools, including measuring devices.
- Interpret and adhere to production documentation
- Maintain production schedules.
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve to the lead-hand(s).
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education.
- College diploma in CNC machining or equivalent. Work experience would be considered an asset and training will be provided.
- Mechanical aptitude with skill for precision measuring.
- Knowledge of GD and T.
- Efficient while working individually or as part of a team.
- Follow verbal or written instructions.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.